Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Critical Frog: Milestones of 2015

Frog's Milestones of 2015
---------------------------------------
SCHOOL
----------------------------------------
-After months of hard studying and relentless work (see 'completely BSing his book summaries while watching reruns of Kill La Kill, I have managed to rack up enough credits to graduate from high school early. Ironically, now that I have nothing else to worry about, spending all night messing around on the computer instead of doing actual work has lost much of it's luster. I think I actually use my laptop somewhat less than I did when I had class.

-Due to his graduation, Frog has had to retire from Yu-Gi-Oh Club. Parting gifts have been left and a new head has been elected- until I decide to show up years later with a cape and ridiculous deck for a final showdown a la the end of Yu-Gi-Oh GX.
------------------------------------------
WRITING
------------------------------------------
-The Blog has reached over 5,000 views! I don't know how it happened, but seriously, thanks from the bottom of my heart. Maybe someday I'll be able to express how thankful I really am- but I don't think such kind words exist yet. If this takes off, I'm afraid I won't have much to give in return- but at least you'll be able to say you liked The Critical Frog before it was cool.

-I've also been trying my hand at some fictional writing. Not only have I finished my first few ideas for LARP quests and characters (I hope the kids like volcanoes), but I actually managed to get some of my work on the SCP Foundation site! The site has had a huge impact on how I write and influenced many of my own ideas, and I thought the best way to say thanks would be to make a contribution to the ever-growing library. It's nothing compared to some of the great articles on the site, but it's a start. If you want, you can read my SCP Submission here:
 http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2520
-----------------------------------------
GAMING
-----------------------------------------
-Much to the chagrin of many hardcore gamers, I have chosen to forego League of Legends in favor of the much more relaxed Heroes of the Storm. Sure, I'm still bad at it, but it's nice to go through a game without being called approximately fifty curses per minute. The fact that I don't have to play with actual people is also a nice touch.

-My application to become an official bug tester for Mechquest has unfortunately been denied. Oh, well, there's always next time. Someday, those glitches will pay for freezing the game when I was so close to winning the game's hardest challenge.

-My true calling in Wizard101 has been discovered: Necromancy. I was a necromancer in my early days of Adventure Quest too. Do the personality test results have anything to do with those Mythology random draw sticks where I ended up drawing Hades five times in a row?
-----------------------------------------
MUSIC
-----------------------------------------
-Spotify has finally added The Beatles to their collection of artists. This means we're one step closer to getting the real treasure added: the Space Jam soundtrack.

-Was introduced to The Cruxshadows. They now take up 2/5 of my music playlist in two months.
-----------------------------------------
PONY
------------------------------------------
-Had the pleasure of attending a Shake-Ups concert at Gencon. Purchased a coloring book signed by the band and a T-Shirt. Also had a nice talk with a few of them.The lead guitarist does a pretty great Discord impression.

-Finally read the fan fiction My Little Dashie. I didnt cry....I swear.......

-Season 5 is over and the hiatus has begun. The finale wasn't as good as the last one, but was great. I figured Id get that one out of the way so I didnt have to devote an entire blog post to it.

-Sunset Shimmer is still my waifu. The whole phoenix thing at the end of EG3 only made it better. What can I say? I love a girl who's.... hot. ...That pun was bad, I apologize.
--------------------------------------------





No comments:

Post a Comment