Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Critical Frog: The Perfect Film

From time to time, a critic like myself must pause and think about his own ideals of film- what exactly separates standard movies from true film classics. What it is that makes something worthy of the term "Art"? I thought about this for quite a while, spending many sleepless nights thinking of the answer. But while browsing the films in my collection, I discovered one that allowed me to finally draw my conclusion. Was it 'Blade Runner'? 'The Shawshank Redemption'? My treasured copy of 'V for Vendetta'? Perhaps the universally loved 'Citizen Kane'? Close, my friends, but no cigar. The film that finally enlightened me is none other than the glorious feature film 'Cool Cat Saves The Kids'.

What exactly makes a film like this work? A better question would be what doesn't work in this glorious display. Who could possibly compete with the acting talents of Derek Savage, Cool Cat and a definitely not drunk Erik Estrada? Is there any plot arc as powerful as Cool Cat's struggle with cyberbullies in his dreams and reality? And is there any other song as emotionally and musically powerful as "The Cool Cat Boogie"? Certainly not "Feathery Wings", that's for sure. My readers, there is no need to say anything more. With this film, we move forward into a new era of film. An era where there is no need for critics. As we ascend into the future, I vanish with the true belief of enlightenment in my grasp. Thank you, Cool Cat. You have started the wave of change. The wave of rebellion. The dawn has come, and it's name is Cool Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment